How UV Sanitization Helps Keep Your Water Clean
We are all concerned with keeping our water clean and free of microbial contamination. UV sanitization is the most effective way to disinfect bacteria from water. UV systems are responsible for destroying 99.9% of harmful microorganisms without the need for adding chemicals that may change your water’s taste or result in an odor.
UV sanitization systems are used in various applications ranging from the purification of drinking water to disinfecting the water supply of entire townships. Further, UV sanitization for water has been recognized as both a safer and more cost-effective method of disinfecting water for industrial applications. Optimum explores the power of UV sanitization, including how it keeps your water clean.
What is UV Sanitization?
In UV sanitization technology, ultraviolet light is used for the disinfection of viruses, bacteria, mold, algae, and a variety of other microorganisms. UV sanitization is responsible for destroying the DNA of the microorganisms, leaving them dead and unable to multiply. This system is used for the disinfection of drinking water, wastewater disinfection, surface disinfection, and process water disinfection.
UV systems are highly recommended for business owners who suspect that E. coli, giardia, cryptosporidium, or any other type of harmful virus or bacteria has contaminated their water supply. While these business owners can kill the microorganisms in their water by adding chemical disinfectants, this isn’t recommended due to the toxic byproducts created by this process. On the other hand, UV sanitization is a chemical-free process that won’t introduce these potentially harmful byproducts.
The Benefits of UV Sanitization
There are many advantages of using UV sanitization to keep your drinking water supply clean. While other disinfection methods (such as adding chemicals to your water) come with their fair share of cons, UV sanitization is an all-around safe and effective method. Here are some of the most valuable benefits of UV sanitization:
- All-natural: UV sanitization is nature’s way of purification.
- Effective: All known microorganisms are susceptible to UV light.
- Chemical-free: The UV purification process doesn’t use any chemicals or leave behind harmful byproducts in your water supply.
- No taste or odor: While other methods of purification can leave your water tasting foul or create an odor, UV does not cause any impact on the taste or smell of your water.
- Environmentally friendly: UV sanitization uses very little energy – about the same amount of energy needed to run a 60-watt light bulb.
- Low maintenance: Unlike other water purification methods, UV sanitization is a set-it-and-forget-it type of system.
- Cost-effective: Compared to other water purification methods, UV sanitization has the lowest operating costs.
How to Choose the Right UV System for Your Business or Office
At Optimum, our passion is to offer bottleless water systems that make enjoying clean water easy and cost-effective. Our systems feature a 5-stage filtration process that keeps your water free of chemicals and tasting great. Best of all, with our seven-day free trial, you can test out one of our systems for yourself and experience the benefits! Find the right system for your business or office today.
Our sales experts at Optimum Water Solutions know just what would be right for your business or office. We take into consideration the number of people, and locations for the water systems to give you the maximum benefit.
Clearly. Pure. Water.